I’ve just upgraded my CodeSmith version to 3.2; It went pretty well just until I’ve opened the CodeSmith Studio and tried to compile my template. I got a strange NullReferenceException in the CodeSmith.Engine.CodeTemplate constructor.
I thought about 2 reasons which can cause this behavior:
- Maybe the CodeSmith Studio works with an old version of one of the dlls, for some unknown reason (unlikely).
- I’m using a compiled dll as my CodeTemplate base class, maybe I need to recompile it again and then try to compile the template (more likely).
So I compiled my DLL (and did a quick restart to my computer, just to be safe) – now it works…